Monday, November 17, 2008

Snow in Stockholm

While San Francisco sweltered through an unusual November heat wave over the weekend, with highs of 85F/29C and 79F/26C Saturday and Sunday, Stockholm experienced its first snowfall of the season!

I'll never forget my first snowfall experience in Stockholm. I had just landed at Arlanda Airport in April and saw the ground covered with fresh powder! It looked like a winter wonderland all around me. I believe I witnessed Stockholm's final snowfall of last season.

A fun way to celebrate snowfall in Stockholm? Watch the changing on the guard in front of the Royal Palace (Kungliga slottet). That's what I did under a light snowfall on that first day of my April trip. Hopefully you'll be able to see the snow in the photo below! (Click on the pic for a better view.)

© 2008 Lisa Sculati




No comments: