Monday, June 9, 2008

Anniversary

Next weekend, Father's Day weekend (in the U.S., I've just learned Father's Day is celebrated in November in Sweden), will mark the one year anniversary of my studying the Swedish language and culture. I am far from achieving fluency in Swedish, but I work at it each and every day. Learning a new language provides a window into a new culture and I am so grateful to everyone who has helped me with the process!

You can read more about my experience of learning Swedish here.

Here you will find some of my favorite Swedish expressions.

When I find the time, I hope to read a couple of Swedish novels, bought on my April trip to Stockholm, with the help of a Swedish dictionary: Ninas Resa, av Lena Einhorn, and De Skamlösa, av Sisela Lindblom. I've read snippets of both books and look forward to diving into them soon.

No comments: