Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jaiku helps me learn Swedish

One of my new resources for learning Swedish: Jaiku. Most of my contacts on the microblogging site write their Jaikus in Swedish. Since microblogging usually limits content to 140 characters or less, it gently allows you to learn brief snippets of Swedish. Reading Swedish Jaikus when I'm short on time gives me a quick Swedish language and Swedish culture lesson. I've always found that learning a new language comes easier when you're having fun in the process. Many of my Jaiku contacts are writing brief comments about online media/social media, a subject of great interest to me as a freelance writer who covers the latest social media trends.

Another entertaining Swedish language resource I've turned to of late, the online version of SVT, Sveriges Television (Sweden's Television, comparable to PBS and the BBC): SVT


No comments: